Thursday, August 20, 2009

......It Was Amazing......

It was amazing that I wasn't rejected this time by my Dad! On Friday night April something, I wrote a three page letter to my dad...it was completly filled with Jesus... none of it was the 'you message' people tend to give. I said how Jesus changes lives. I mentioned how Jesus changed my life in October last year. (read my testimony on 1m4jc.com or on here)

I gave an example using the parachute story relating to how we are,well, basically doomed without Christ. Parachute example: Say a guy, was on a plane and someone told him that he needed the parachute. No one cared to explain exactly why he needed the parachute. He wasn't told how far he was off the ground either. When you tell him he needs the parachute, we, tend to just tell people what they need and think we covered all of that which needs to be covered. We think that people should be smart enough to figure out why in the world they would need the parachute..but some people are just, well, not. This guy was getting mocked and laughed at and people where throwing things at him. So, he decides to take the parachute off, and jumps out of the plane. Not a very smart guy. I know you know how he died...Another guy that was on the plane, He, also was told he needed the parachute. This time someone told him in complete detail what will happen to him if he takes it before he has to jump. Lets say he was twenty five thousand feet in the air... He, also, was being mocked and laughed at and no matter what people did or said to him, he would not take that parachute off. He trusted it, and without it, he was going to die. No one wants to die, that is our God given right to live. Now, think about how that relates to Christianity and how we get mocked and laughed at for believing in something we can't even see. But, "Faith is being sure of what we hope for, it is being certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1)

I also gave a list of songs that I knew would help him, if he chooses to listen to them. I think the song Hold On-33 Miles and Hold Fast-MercyMe where on there... that wasn't apart of my letter. it was on a different sheet of paper. As soon as I got there and saw him, satan went to work... he placed the thought of rejection and fear into my mind. I thought, I didn't come this far to walk away now. I said, quietly, "God! Help Me!" he did. You wanna know why, BECAUSE I DID NOT GET REJECTED!!!! Before I gave my dad the box, I couldn't speak... I had tears starting to build... so, i had to walk away. I knew I couldn't leave just yet. I hugged him three times. He has my cell number now, I don't have his yet. Before today, I haven't seen him since like august last year. But, I saw him April 15th, 2009!!! I'll get his number eventually... (: I refuse to give up.

With Christ in my life,what can I not do?'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' (Philippians 4:13) I put my Bible in the box too..I had ALOT of things high lighted already. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment