Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Am Yours

written June 11,2009
Who Am I-Casting Crowns

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Bridge:
Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.
Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.

Tonight, at church when people went to the alter they played the song Who Am I by Casting Crowns. God gave me the reminder that I often need whether I know it or not, that I am His. Oh, how often we need that reminder! It made me cry when I heard that song. I absolutly love that song along with 5000 other really good Christian songs. But, that's not my point here. My point is, is that we are Gods...and we need that reminder daily, hourly maybe minutely.... I was somewhat kidding about the minutely!! Well, I haven't told anyone about my parents and the divorce and that it hurts. alot. I know there is nothing I can do about the fact that my parents are officialy divorced. They have been divorced for a month and two days. And it hasn't gotten any easier. It sucks. I may have been fatherless as a child. But, here's something I love; "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling" -Psalm 68:5A father to the fatherless is simply amazing. If I never knew Jesus, I would be searching for this Jesus and failing at every turn I'd take. I honestly could not tell you where I'd be if I didn't know Jesus because honestly, I don't want to know, ever. I can tell you where I was and that I'm not there anymore because I found this Jesus in Branson, Missouri at a youth convention in October of '08. I could not tell you what I felt but I can tell you who I felt more than ever, that "who" is JESUS! I remember it like it was yesterday. I know where I was standing and what song Hillsong United was playing. The song was From The Inside Out. Jesus changed me from the inside out. And it shows!!!It doesn't matter what I go through, how I see the circumstances is all about a choice. I can stay here and tell you over and over again how much it sucks that my parents are not together anymore and I can tell you alot of things you probably don't care about...but, I'm not going to. I will say this, and it's a quote, "I can not say I believe. I know! I have been gripped by something far stronger than myself. --something people call God."Here's my question to you;Do you know Jesus? Even if you were the only person on earth, Jesus would have still gone to the cross for you. That's how much He loves YOU. I don't know about you, but 'I love you' could never have been said a better way. On that cross He gave all He had for YOU. You must be pretty dang special! In fact you are special and you are loved and there is hope for you still. It's pretty Good News...in fact, the Gospel means Good News..because it is good news. Its actually great news. Think about it.God loves you. The God of the universe loves YOU. It's crazy love! Go to www.crazylovebook.com and click on videos and then click on 'Just Stop and Think' that video was a tear jerker for me!! I recommend getting the Crazy Love book...It should be at wal-mart or the nearest Christian book store.

Jesus Loves YOU...amazing? pretty much [:

Jeremiah 29:11,
Katelyn Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment