Friday, August 21, 2009

I'll Do It...Tomorrow

How many times a day do you say something along the lines of 'I'll do it...tomorrow'? I'm guilty, I say that alot and I know you are too.

I use some examples that people use alot:
1. I'll treat them better...tomorrow
2. I'll say I'm sorry...tomorrow
3. I'll forgive...tomorrow
4. I'll read it...tomorrow
5. I'll accept Jesus...tomorrow
6. I'll say 'I love you' and I'll mean it...tomorrow
7. I'll share Jesus with her...tomorrow

You should get the point by now. I'm going to be completly honest with all of you, I'm guilty of all of them. There is no such thing as a tomorrow.

I wasn't planning on writing any of this, but a huge thanks goes to my friend, Matt. He said something that hit a home run on my heart.
He said:

'I just realized something. This could be the last time that I ever talk with you. Jesus could come back at any moment, there is no way of telling. And we don't know when, it could be a few minutes, a day or a year, I don't know.'

And you know, Matt is completly right. We don't know when Jesus will come back. We don't if it could be our last time to see our families, our friends our peers, our co-workers...etc. I'm really guilty when I typed the seventh one... I say that too much. What he said was an 'eye-opening' statement. I take life and the people in my life for granted too much. Of course I know life here on earth can and will end for everyone... I need to take it alot more serious than I do.

What he said was convicting because I don't always treat people the way they should be treated. I disrespect my parent(s)/grandparents, I haven't (and I know you haven't either, don't lie) quite learned when to shut up. Honestly, things should not be this way. There is something/someone, the key piece to lifes' puzzle is missing. I think it's Jesus.

I know I need to treat people better than I do and I know you do too. Everyone (whether you want to openly admit it or not) is still learning when to shut it. I have got to stop saying 'I'll do it...tomorrow' and start saying 'I'll do it...today' Because, as I said before, there really is no tomorrow. We are not promised our next breath. Our lives are here and then they're gone. Like a vapor in the wind.

We tell ourselves and others, 'Don't take life for granted, you never know when it'll be gone.' And far too often that's all we do. The way we live, act, talk and treat people, we should be ashamed! And then we turn right around and say 'don't take life for granted...' We live as if life has no end on earth. Although, we are all well aware that it will end for everyone...there is no exception to that one.

Just even intensly deeply thinking and pondering about what Matt said, kind of freaks me out. Matt is my best guy friend and he managed to hit a home run with that statement.

If I've treated any of you badly in my 15 years of life, I'm really sorry. I do love you although I don't show it when I most likly should. I'm sorry what ever I did that hurt you in any way shape or form. Will you forgive me? Can we start over, somehow someway?

I'll love you and treat you better from now on..well, atleast I will try. It will take time so bare with me and help me out on this one.



I'll do it...today!

Ending this blog with the song One Life To Love by 33Miles from Youtube:

4 comments:

  1. "But tomorrow my friends! Tomorrow is a whole other mystery!" (Something I made up.) Tomorrow is a mystery, one that will never be solved. This could be the last thing I Type, things that I want to do would be a myth and a dream. People I didn't witness to would be forever a nightmare, so yeah we do need to take advantage TODAY! (I really like this post.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything that you said is so true. I have also treated to many days as meaningless when we should be treating them as our last. Jesus can come back at any moment and we need to be ready. There is no such thing as tomorrow and I need to make up for all the wasted time that I have delt with in the past because there is no changing the past. I am one of the biggest hypocrites because have mistreated so many days. Now I know that I must fill every moment to the brim with a love for everything that I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you guys pray for me? Me and a few other kids in my youth group are taking a step of leadership to reach the other youth in a way that most adults can't, by getting on the youth level. To sum it up: I am doing a Bible study, I have NEVER done it before but thanks to this post God has really convicted me to take a step. I have been told many times in the past that I am a natural leader, now I must put that in action. Thanks, "Proverbs27:17
    As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."

    Jack,

    ReplyDelete
  4. will do. Reminds me of what I'm trying to do. I know you've heard some of this before, but it all goes together.

    The other day (Monday) in the last class of the day, the teacher gave us all note cards and told us not to put our names on it and to put 'If you really knew me...you'd know that I...' And when she read them aloud, the whole class was shocked no one knew what to say. I never knew that these teens have (or are) handling parents divorce, thoughts of suicide, abusive fathers...etc. I was more hurt than shocked. The only thing I could think of is that my generation NEEDS Jesus... and I was thinking of how am I going to reach them. I honestly, don't know.. I mean I do, but I don't. I'm stuck :/ I refuse to sit on the side lines and not do anything. I hate seeing my generation like this!!! That's why I'm still up at midnight. I don't want to say 'I'll reach them tomorrow...' any longer. they need Jesus now. I've thought about creating an after school group... or something. I'm not sure on what to do. I'm only one among 1,300 something other teenagers at my high school. My heart is breaking for them. Jesus is too great to be kept for myself.

    Please pray for me... my school-ish shoulder bag is killing my shoulder, my back and my knees. I'd like for my knee cap(s) to stay in place forever.And I want to relationaly and relentlessly reach my friends for Christ.

    I really want to reach these teens, I'm just clueless on how. )': I don't want to look at them and imagine 'bound for hell' written on their foreheads any longer.

    If you asked me if I'm a leader or a follower, I'd say both. I follow Christ by leading others to Him (:

    My own post even convicts me...

    ReplyDelete