Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why Don't You Share Jesus?

I can't help but to remember the one time after bible study when we went out on an outreach thing. It was pretty cool. Conversations may not have lasted long. And, well, if they would have, I would have jumped on board and started really talking to these random people. I get irritated and I am also really hurt by the fact that some christians seem to be convinced that Jesus didn't really say to go into the world and preach the message of the gospel. But he did and I'll prove it.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Mark 16:15

Those are the only two that I could find. But, Jesus makes it pretty clear, doesn't he? It's the great commission not the good suggestion.

I remember on that friday night, I asked my mom a question that went something like this: "Aren't you gonna go and talk to anyone?" she said "no" so I asked "why?" she said "cus I don't like talking to people." alright, so I'm a tad irritated and yet hurt. Irritated because Jesus gave us THE Cause. "go and make disciples..." If Jesus gave us a choice, I don't if we'd really do it. We need to take Him and the Bible seriously.

The world needs Jesus. We know that. so why aren't we doing anything to advance THE Cause? Are you bringing Christ up in your day to day conversations? Are you showing the love of Christ that people are in desperate need of? Do you really love Jesus or just His stuff?

Let me ask you this - If you could have heaven, with no pain, no sickness, all the friends you've ever had, all the activities you've ever enjoyed, all the natural beatuies you've ever seen, all the physical pleasures you've ever tasted, and no human conflict, and no natural disasters, could you be trully satisfied with heaven, if Jesus was not there?

I sure couldn't! Jesus is everything to me. It's Christ plus NOTHING equals everything. (I hope you answered the above question with honesty.)

I was irritated with her because I was questioning wether she was taking the words of Jesus seriously. I was hurt because I don't think she has realized the reality of Hell and that the people she knows and loves can be going there if she doesn't get out there and SHRED THE GNAR for Jesus soon. The way she was acting, was like she has 'forever' to share the gospel. *COUGH* *COUGH* WAKE UP! We are not promised our next breath!

She's probably one of those people who are like "well, I don't want to offend them with the gospel." Give me a break! You can't be serious! If they were in the hospital dying of cancer and you had the cure, saying something like "well, I don't want to offend them. If they need help they'll come to me." C'mon! You have the cure, you're gonna tell them "take this so you can live." Why aren't you doing that with Jesus? People need Him so they can truly live. In John 10:10 Jesus says that he has come so we may have life to the fullest. So, give them Jesus and stop acting like that. Hell is real. You're friends aren't dying of cancer, they're dying the worst death ever. It's eternal. There's weeping (crying), wailing (screaming), and gnashing of teeth (grinding of teeth)... sound painful? Imagine listening to that, and you yourself making them, for all eternity?

I don't understand why a God of love would send people there. But, How could a just God not punish sin? He is a just God and a God of love.

---well,got to go. I'll try and finish this later---

No comments:

Post a Comment