Thursday, October 22, 2009

God Loves You!

How much have you thought about that? No, seriously. GOD LOVES YOU!

----It's crazy if you think about it. The God of the unniverse-- the creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor-- loves us with a radical, unconditional, relentless, self-sacrificing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs and try not to cuss.

Whether you've verbalized it yet or not....we all know something is wrong.

Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungary for an authentic faith that adresses the problems of out world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you into a passionate relationship with Him. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts-- it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, you will never be the same again.

Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.---
(From the back of the book 'Crazy Love; Overwhelmed by a relentless God' by Francis Chan) <--you really need to get his book. for real!

In Branson, Missouri in October 16th-17th of 2008 is when it actually finally clicked with me that the God of the universe LOVES ME! What did I do for Him to love me? Nothing! What does your child have to do for you to love them? When their born, you LOVE them. Why? Because they are YOURS! They shouldn't have to do anything for you to love them. You just love them.

I grew up in church and was told I was a Christian...so I didn't question if I truly was a Christian. I might have said 'I love Jesus' but that talk was really fake til the night of October 16th 2008. There and then while Hillsong United was on stage, I for the first time felt that being a Christian is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Doesn't matter how many times I was told it was a relationship.... I didn't feel that it really was til that one night.

If I told you that life can become more than you could ever imagine today, would you believe me? It's true. Life became REAL. that night in Branson. I felt ALIVE that night for the first time ever. When you truly have Jesus and are in a passionate relationship with Him, you feel alive... because after all, Jesus did come so that you may have life to the very fullest.


and people wonder why I love Hillsong United so much [:

No comments:

Post a Comment