Monday, October 5, 2009

My Jesus!

I get irritated with myself when I don't bring God up in the conversation with the person that I'm talking to. I have no idea why don't I just do it? I know that's the case. Just do it and let God handle the rest. I know these people need hope, love, joy, peace...etc that only comes from the gospel.

Today, earlier on the bus, I realized that I wasn't showing them the love of Christ the way that I should be doing. I know I hurt for them, but why am I not doing anything? Why am I acting like them?

It's cold outside
Or is that just the chill I feel inside from standing here
Steeping in my shame
I can't deny
I'm surrounded by the very thing You freed me from
That's why I can't come home

Chorus:
I don't know where I turned around
From chasing what I always found completed me
More than I could dream
I don't know why I can't remain
Safe here where I always came to meet with you
And You always met with me
And You're still here waiting

I fail to see
Why You'd still be waiting to forgive me
After all that I have done
But I cannot say
That one time I returned and You had turned away
Your love never fails
(My Jesus - Todd Agnew)

I read something in this book called 'Living For Jesus Beyond The Spiritual High' by Greg Speck. In one of the chapters, this is what it said: (It's quite convicting for me now)

----BOOK SOURCE: Living For Jesus: Beyond The Spiritual High by Greg Speck----

"11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

Not only does your friend's begin anew, but he or she also can look forward to eternal life in heaven.

Why don't you tell your friends about Jesus?

"I don't want to offend them. Who am I to shove the gospel down their throats? If they want answers they'll come to me. They know what they are doing."

Give me a break! If you're friends were dying of cancer and you had the cure, would you say, "I don't want to offend them. Who am I to push a cure down their throats? If they want answers, they'll come to me? They must like dying!" That would be stupid. You would say, "Do this, and you can live."

Actually your friends are dying a much worse death than cancer because it's a spiritual death. You have the cure, but you hide it because you think it's too offensive.

You need to love your friends enough to risk your relationship with them. Say to them, "Even though you hate me, make fun of me, or think I'm a loser, I love you too much to see you go to hell, so I'm going to tell you about Jesus Christ."

Do you love Jesus Christ? You can't love someone and be ashamed of Him at the same time.

Imagine being out with someone you love very much. They pick you up, and while you're in the car together, they tell you how much they love you. But you pull up to a stoplight, and they see some of their friends on the corner.

To you: Get down, quick. Get your head under the dash.
To friends: Hi. No one else in the car. Just me.
To you: Stay down. They might see you. No, don't look up.
To friends: What's that hair? Oh, Uh, it's my dog. (They pet the back of your head.) Yeah! It's my dog.

The light changes, they drive off, and then say to you, "I love you so much."
You would say, "You don't love me at all." Why not? Because you can't love someone and be ashamed of them at the same time. We'd be insulted if anyone treated us like that, but that's exactly how we treat God sometimes.

At church, retreats, camps and conferences we tell God how much we love Him, but when we get to school we want Him as far away as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be honest, when I first read that, It was quite convicting. I don't about you, but I don't want to treat God like that anymore ever. If we'd feel insulted if someone did that to us, imagine how God must feel when we treat Him that way.

I'm even convicted of doing what I added at the end there. Jesus said in Matt 10:32-33 "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. NKJV

wow. Matt 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

The key is to publicly confess to others that “Jesus is my Lord and Savior,” and believe that God raised Him from the dead. The Bible says:

Rom 10:9-11: 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. NKJV

John 12:42-43 Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. NKJV



1 John 4:1-3; 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. NKJV

2 John 7-8; For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward. NKJV


On the bus, I was getting frustrated because of these teenagers foul mouths. My facebook status read, "oh my goodness. these foul mouthed teens are driving me crazy. ugh :/ Jesus, help me reach them with the greatest news ever."

I do need help on showing them the love of Christ better than I am. I need the boldness to stand up for Christ and stand firm in my faith. Please, it's not too much to ask of you, please pray for me.

I'm trying to start Youth Alive at my high school and I'm kind of freaking out. Like what in the stinkin world am I getting myself into?! this is crazy. I need the mixture of a lion and a lamb when I share the greatest message ever with this lost world who needs Jesus. I need His help in making me more like Him.

Oh,what I would do to have
the kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown
Where Jesus is,
And he's holding out his hand

But the waves are calling out my name
and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
time and time again
"Boy, you'll never win,
you'll never win."

But the Voice of truth tells me a different story
the Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
and the Voice of truth says "this is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth

Oh, what I would do
to have the kind of strength it takes
To stand before a giant
with just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound
of a thousand warriors
shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
(Voice Of Truth - Casting Crowns)

Being one of the new kids at my high school I have some what made "friends"... I need to share Jesus with these people. Like what Matt said to me the other day about we never know that this day could very well be our last day. Some one could die and go to hell because I didn't share Jesus with them. It's a scary thought, but, sadly true. I mean what if it really was my last shot to share Jesus with them...and what if that conversation changed their eternal destiny?

the school campus grounds is one heck of a mission field. But, I'm willing to SHRED THE GNAR and go all out for Jesus and stop at nothing.

Til the WHOLE world hears [: THE Cause is my goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment