Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Threat Of A Staley High School Shooting

To be honest, I don't know where to start on this. I think I'll give you some of my history. I grew up and lived in Kansas til the end of freshman year in High School... Then, me and mom moved to Kansas City, Missouri and I love my new high school. it's alot different and alot bigger than my old high school...but, .....

To cut to the chase, in Self Development, people were talking about the threat someone had made to shoot the school up. That doesn't make me feel good, nor is that a good way to end the school day on a terrible note. It freaks me out... not for my life, but for their lives... What IF they don't know Jesus? What happens? Who loves them enough to risk their friendships with them by sharing the gospel?

Matthew 10:28
28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

It freaks me out that these teens could be robbed of their life here on earth and that could be caused by a school shooting... Heck, I could even die because of a school shooting. But, 'to live is Christ. to die is gain.' . I have to tell them about Jesus! and so do you.

I told my mom earlier... … she had basically the same response as when I told her about the campus ministry… I told her “I don’t know if I told you, but someone threatend to shoot up Staley.” she said, “Oh, that’s cool.” her tone of voice came across as sarcasm.. which said ‘well, they’re dumb..’ I thought, ‘No! it’s not cool. Was columbine cool?! and No, They’re not dumb. they need Jesus. They’re full of anger and hatred and pain that they don’t know what to do and they do crazy things because it’s eating away at them and they assume that a HS shooting will make them feel better.’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBuEuagZxE <-- video embeding was disabled. This video is ; Jeremy Camp - There Will Be A Day - Video Devotional Someone’s gotta share Jesus with them… before someone loses their mind and decides to do a high school shooting… I don’t understand it. Greg (ma doesn’t count) is the only one that I’ve told about this… I want to tell more people but I’m scared I’ll get the same reaction from them as mom. oh, and my friend Katie told me that it was supposed to happen the day she found out. I’m grateful it didn’t… but scared that it very well could and lives be robbed from these teenagers... The fact that Staley High was threatened with a shooting, makes me miss Kansas. (The only time I will ever say that I miss KS). We have a message and a mission that we can't keep to ourselves... so, what are you waiting for?!







PLEASE pray for my high school? and pray for those crazy Christian teens who dare to share the BEST message ever on our high school campus(es) in a relational/relentless way? We do appreciate all the prayers and support we have recieved. You guys rock!!

2Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians 4:2-6









I'm aware that this threat was like close to the beginning of the year, but still, I'm not one known not to take it seriously... just because it hasn't happened doesn't give us any excuse to 100% dismiss it. please pray.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Katie, this is very scary. So glad you already know that Jesus is your armor and your peace. He is working mightily in your life and using you as His voice.

    Sidewalk Prophets "The Words I Would Say" is my encouragement to you - and to your friends. . .
    Be strong in the Lord
    And never give up hope
    You're gonna do great things
    I already know
    God's got His hand on You
    So don't live life in fear
    Forgive and forget
    But don't forget why you're here
    Take your time and pray
    These are the words I would say

    I have your ministry on my prayer list!

    God love you! Denise

    ReplyDelete