Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'll Praise You In This Storm

This is alot harder than I imagined... apparently, getting no support from mom has affected me soo much that I can't even eat. And when I cry it hurts... physically, my mouth gets dry and my stomach starts to hurt.

At times, I'm not going to lie about it, I want to quit. But, that's not an option. I (we) have to reach out to my generation... now.

"Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path." -Psalm 119:105

(The light in Bible time lamps, came from candles. In the span of their dim light, a person could only see enough to take the next step. Lamps weren't like flashlights that allow a person to see a long ways down the path. So this verse is a reminder. Let God's word guide your next step. -Teen Study Bible)

"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him." -Psalm 103:11

"When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God whose word I praise, In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" -Psalm 55:3-4

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him." -Psalm 62:5

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." -Psalm 35:18

"Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will recieve me." -Psalm 27:10

It is so hard to continue with this campus ministry. I won't give up though. I don't have that option.

Earlier in the car, I don't remember exactly what we were talking about, but, my mom ignorantly claimed to know me... so I tested her because I know she has no idea. I asked, "Then what's my problem?" She is my problem...right now. I mean, yeah, she gave birth to me and raised me, thaty does NOT mean you know me. To know someone, you have to hangout together... and whatever. Ma said that I wouldn't have a problem with people... yet. Explain to me, how stinkin ignorant can someone get?! C'MON!

I'm 100% convinced that Ma does NOT care. Why? Because when I told her, "Someone threated to shoot up Staley." she said; "Oh. That's cool" She doesn't care that OTHER teens lives can be snatched from them... let alone my life... gee Ma, thanks for all the "support". Out of all the people I have met, she certanly counts as one of them or all of them.

This is hard and I know that. I'm determined to see my generation turned around with and by the power of the gospel. Please, don't stop praying for us and the other teens on their high school and middle school campuses in and out of the U.S. We do love and appreciate all of the support.





PRAY. PRAY. PRAY. PRAY.

Matthew 26:41
"Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak!"

Luke 18:1
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

Ephesians 6:18
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Romans 8:26-27
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

Psalm 91:15
He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him" (Matthew 6:5-8).

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 'Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: "God, I thank you that I am not like other men-robbers, evildoers, adulterers-or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get." But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, "God, have mercy on me, a sinner. I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted"'" (Luke 18:9-14).



What I want to know is, where in the world am I getting my determination to see this generation reached from?! I love it!!



continue to pray for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment