Wednesday, December 16, 2009

If We Are The Body..

I have a serious problem with the atmosphere of the youth group at church... Like tonight, when I walked in there, I wasn't sure if this was a "Christian" atmosphere or a "Worldly" atmosphere. I've noticed there are cliques of people in there... they always seem to just stay with their friends and not go and talk to anyone else.

I remember when this group of teens from another state where there, and one of them, talked to me and it was pretty cool, because she was so loving and caring towards me. It was a little overwhelming. That's what we should do... when we see a new comer, why not run towards them and give them a hug and talk for a good 20 minutes or something?! and have a real conversation?

I remember, tonight, seeing someone, and I'm not sure if he was new or what, but, he looked like he really wasn't convinced this is the LOVING, CARING atmosphere. It was disappointing that the atmosphere was aweful... I walked in there and it was an intense feeling that was in there. And, I'm not going to lie, I wanted to leave.

If someone were to leave church because of the aweful "Christian" atmosphere... I wouldn't blame them. We are supposed to be the most loving, caring, humble, real...etc. people ever. And I didn't feel that tonight at all. I really wanted to leave...

Like in the youth service, what in the world is the focus? Do they make sense when you put them together? Do they support your sermon for the night? Nothing in the service seemed to go together tonight...





Well, after high school, I want to be a youth pastor or something working with teenagers. ;) Whenever we start the Campus Ministry, I pray that the Christian atmosphere will be there and that no one will be able to deny it! The love. The caring. The humbleness. The fun. The atmosphere of people being open about what they believe and why, and etc. and it'll be like a magnet that people wonder why we act the way that we do.



No comments:

Post a Comment