Tuesday, March 2, 2010

5071404... Your new identity

I don't think I can ever forget that number. On Tuesday, which would be today, March 2nd 2010, in Self Development at school, we went to a prison as a field trip or something.

Go here to read the comments from me of what went on today; http://www.facebook.com/livethecause#!/livethecause?v=feed&story_fbid=383441530288

That number, 5071404, in prison, means that's what you answer to. and at the start, we had to put on this thing that had the number on it, (btw, each number is different) and in prison, you're not known by your name, in prison, you have NO identity, except for that number.... and you must memorize it in there. One of the guys made us memorize the number in 5 seconds... and then asked random people what their number is.... backwards! I failed and had to go by the wall and look in the mirror and memorize my number. Do you realize how hell-ish it would be to actually be in prison for like 20 + years?! I couldn't stand it that one day!

Before I got in the room area, we had to go 5 at a time in there, and I could already hear them yelling. And I didn't know why and I still don't, but what I did know, was that I wanted to go home. badly! it was aweful!

I didn't know what to think when I found out that, by your number, not your name, you are known for in prison. When you get that number, you have no identity. No one is going to call you by your name, they'll call you by your number. I wouldn't be 'Katelyn Frye', I'd be 5071404.

Although, in prison, you're known by a number. but, by God, the God who created the earth, the birds, the sky, the grass, the water, the sun...etc. He doesn't know you by some number... He doesn't know you as 'Creation number 2999939041' , He knows you by NAME! How cool is that?

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
(Psalm 139)

I'm glad that God knows me, not by some number, but by my name.

Look at this verse again;
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Were I to count them,they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you.


wow, I don't know what to say. It's amazing that God knows me! and you! Have you ever thought about that? like really thought about it... I don't mean just think about it for a few minutes, but for days, weeks, months, years ect. even if you did do that, you wouldn't understand Him and why he does that. I don't even understand it!! But I'm in awe of Him!

5071404, is not my identity. My identity is found in Jesus and my name is Katelyn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment