Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's 2010!

Finally, 2009 is over! Not that I didn't enjoy parts of that year... 2009, in and of itself was a challenge... I'm glad '09 is over though. 2010 will have it's challenges. Not sure what though, but, I do know that if I knew what they are, I'd back down... But, I'm not like that. Just not that type of person who just up and quits.



I did not come this far to stop now. I'll stop when God says to stop. Because, well, after all, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." - Phillippians 1:6

2009 was a very much needed year. although, I hated one part. May 8th. (parents divorced...officially)... well, I see that God used that to show me that He is my Daddy! (I do love my 'earthly' dad ;) )

Psalm 68:5
"Father to the fatherless..."

Psalm 27:10
"Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will recieve me."


I feel like my parents have forsaken me... Mom more than dad. Even though I live with my mom, she's pretty irritating... I mean, she doesn't get it!!! She should be supporting me with the Campus Ministry... but she isn't. When I told her that someone made a threat (it's not a credible one.. thank God.) to shoot up my high school and she says she cares...but, from her response, I got the opposite message. she said, with a very obvious amount of sarcasism, "oh.. That's cool." And she wonders why I get ticked off at her... Think about it if you need to.

Dad, well, he was pretty much "absent" from my whole childhood... I mean, from what he's been through when he was a kid, he really doesn't know how to be there. I'm NOT mad at him either. It's his dad that I blame for this. That's who I'm kinda mad at. There's really no point in being mad, I'm wasting emotion on something that I have no power over to change. I can't change anyones past. I love my dad. He's the one who'd get it if I were to tell him about the threat. and he'd actually care... show it and say it. Even though, he doesn't know "how" to be there, when he does try, he does just fine and I love him for it. I hope he reads this one day.

Oh, sorry Ma but uh, your little girl, is STILL a daddas girl. Handle that!

alright, so, I'm super stoked that it's actually 2010!! I'm pumped for what God is gonna do!! He amazed me in '09. Bring it!! ;) sooo stoked!!

Hm, I want to know what is it exactly that's supporting me in this whole thing anyway and to NOT give up... well, here are some of my guesses.

1. Christian music
2. Reading my Bible
3. Prayer
4. Friends
5. very very very very very few family members
6. writing


I'm doing this (campus ministry thing) and I'm NOT giving up for anything!! Even if things don't go as I planned... they'll go as God says.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4



"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

EVEN IF! ;) and not Only if. (means I'll serve Christ no matter what happens and not the 'well, I'll serve Him only if this does(n't) happen..')

No comments:

Post a Comment