Thursday, November 26, 2009

Love Them Like Jesus

I get soo irritated with fake people. Mainly those who call themselves "Christian"... I hate how they treat people. Those who surrond us are so desperate for the love of Christ that I don't even understand it. We are called to love others just as we love ourselves.

MATTHEW 22:39 NKJ
39 "And the second is like it: `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'


I know I haven't been the best at loving those who happen to be around me.. and in no way am I going to justify that. It's not ok to not love your neighbor... What if their best friend in the entire world just died, and you say they are a jerk? They might snap at you... not always yelling, but they may cry... Why? I don't know, maybe because they still don't understand what just happened and why it was to them.. Whether their friend died, or the one they love is in the hospital in fatal condition... whatever the case, whatever their situation, Jesus' command is pretty clear. Love your neighbor as yourself. Can't make it any clearer than that.

PHILIPPIANS 2:4 NKJ
4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.


Jesus cares for you, just as He cares for them. Show those around you that you truly care about them and that you love them. It hurts me when people get treated poorly... especially by "Christians".

1 JOHN 3:14 TEV
14 We know that we have left death and come over into life; we know it because we love others. Those who do not love are still under the power of death.

1 JOHN 3:18 TEV
18 My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action.




Why don't you love people? You say you love everyone, but your life shows another story. Why in the world would anyone ever want to follow Jesus if your words and actions don't match? They may think that Jesus could very well be like us, having empty promises, leaving hearts broken... etc. Jesus is no where near like that... but we couldn't be farther from just that.

Love them like Jesus. Cut the crap, and get real. No one likes the attitude that fake people have...



If you really love them, you'll watch what you say. Take Ephesians 4:29 seriously. Let others know they are loved. God loves us, not for who we are, but for who He is. I wish people would get to know Him personally for who He is and not for who others think He is. I hate that we judge people and put a label on them and assume it covers their whole personality... did you know it would take over 9 years to read ALL the DNA in one person? One word doesn't define anyone.

My challenge, love them like Jesus. Stop being fake... are you pushing others away from Christ or pushing others towards Him?

1 JOHN 4:7 TEV
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, because love comes from God. Whoever loves is a child of God and knows God
.


If you really love your neighbor, the first thing you will do is pray for them. As a human you are limited in how you can help your neighbor, but God is unlimited in how He can help. The greatest thing you can do for your neighbor is seriously pray for them.

God can do more for your neighbor in one minute than you could in a lifetime.

ROMANS 13:10 NKJ
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law
.


4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love
.



LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.


SHARE JESUS WITH SOMEONE YOU LOVE. (NOT JUST FAMILY AND FRIENDS. RANDOM PEOPLE IN LIKE THE GAS STATION..OR WHEREEVER.) ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment