Monday, September 7, 2009

Status Quo

So, as I'm listening to the song Brave by Nicole Nordeman, I think of this one girl at my old school who was wearing this shirt that said 'Status Quo' and it made me think about how many people actually attempt to reach something that the people who make it can't even reach it. Like in magazines, they're totally photoshopped. Those people who are in there don't even look like that. annoying.

But, seriously, it's unrealistic. Oh and the other day at school in Self Development, we watched this video of these teens who are from different cliques...if you've seen The Breakfast Club you know what I mean. And at one point they went to this place where they met a model and were shown how they do the pictures... photoshop. I remember seeing the one girl who was in there just cry. It made me mad more than anything. But, I was also hurt. Mad because they're ripping people off and sad because we're buying it.

Look this way, act, talk, think...etc. this way. It's the complete opposite of what the Bible says. In 1 Corinthians 14:20: "Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults." (NIV) Our culture says, "Be mature in evil, but in your thinking and behaviour be childish."

This just makes me think of the song More Beautiful You by Jonny Diaz... oh and if you're a lady join the group More Beautiful You (Ladies Only) on facebook.

My laptop is being a pain, so I'll go. blehk, I hate technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment